CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 21, 2007

CAN IT BE TRUE...

I have some very exciting news to share with everyone...this evening we FINALLY closed on our home construction loan!!!!!!!!!!! It has been a very long and drawn out process but right now Doug and I could not be happier. One might say we are "on cloud nine". It is very exciting to secure our dreams of building our "dream" home for our family and to make them a reality! What a relief! The people building our basement will be starting on Tuesday next week. Looking at the weather forecast it shows possible rain though so it may have to be pushed back to Wednesday. I don't really care as long as I know it is going to happen one of those two days. We are planning to take the kids out to the property on Sunday to let them "move" the first dirt with their little shovels. We will hopefully post some pictures soon.

I also just wanted to update everyone about the results of the ENT appt. Logan did, in fact, need ear tubes so this past Tuesday I took him to the outpt. surgery center where that procedure was performed. I went back to the operating room with him while he went to sleep. I have to admit, even though I realize that ear tubes are a minor and common procedure, I was quite nervous to see my little guy lying on the operating table and being put to sleep. His doctor was wonderful though and took great care of him and Logan was my little trooper! The entire procedure only took approx 30 mins including recovery time so it was very quick. When Logan first starting waking up from the anesthesia, he was so disoriented and confused and I think he was afraid of the recovery room environment so he was crying hysterically and really fighting me at times. It's amazing how strong a 16 month old can be. After we were discharged and we got to our van where he was familiar and more comfortable he calmed right down and slept the entire way home. By the evening you would not have known that he had had anything done. He did great.

No comments: