CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 10, 2007

UPDATE ON HOUSE PROGRESS!

There have been so many changes and I am so far behind in posting updates and for that I am sorry but rest assured you will see pics. The basement is completely finished as of last week...Monday to be exact when they completed the "back fill" and poured the floors. On Tuesday, the lumber company delivered it's first load of lumber so the framers could start on Wednesday. Bright and Early Wednesday morning the framers started arriving and it was absolutely amazing how much they were able to get done that first day. By the end of one full work day they had the main support beams in place and the garage and basement walls framed. That was with a crew of approximately six guys. It was very exciting for me to be able to see a "construction site" from the main HWY that runs in front of our home. By the end of the second day (Thursday) they had all of the floor joist's down, the floor decking was down and 70% of the first floor walls were framed. The framers are usually on site and you can hear them hard at work by 7:00-7:30 A.M. and this second day there were probably twelve guys working. These guys are on it and are not messing around! They initailly told us that it would take them two weeks to complete this but at the rate they are going it may not even take a week!!! Friday, the end of the third day, they had almost all of the first floor walls framed and about 1/2 of the ceiling joist's framed. You can now walk through and tell what the internal of our house looks like and where all of the rooms are located. As I walk through, I can already envision what our house will look like. I can picture the kids room decorated cute for them...likely with the Backyardigans as my children are ADDICTED! I can picture their cribs in their room. I can imagine our bedroom, the living rooms, our fireplace, the toy room, "MY" kitchen, our dining room where we will be able to share our family meals...I could go on and on but needless to say I/we are getting SO excited! We've waited a very long time to turn this dream into a reality! I'm just so happy Doug and I are able to make it happen now not only for ourselves but also for our precious little ones! OK, this has gone on long enough...now for some pictures! You'll get some now and more very soon as there are so many and as I mentioned before...I'm behind:)

3 comments:

Krissy said...

How incredibly exciting! Just the basement looks amazing!

lifelessordinary said...

I can't wait to see the finished product- it looks like it will be amazing! I have to admit that I am more than a little jealous at the prospect of designing, building, and owning your dream home. You guys have worked so hard for all of the wonderful things/children in your life and I can't help but to get a huge smile on my face everytime I read your blog. Keep it coming!
Ness

lifelessordinary said...

I can't wait to see the finished product- it looks like it will be amazing! I have to admit that I am more than a little jealous at the prospect of designing, building, and owning your dream home. You guys have worked so hard for all of the wonderful things/children in your life and I can't help but to get a huge smile on my face everytime I read your blog. Keep it coming!
Ness