CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Logie Bear, Where are You???

OK, so today I have come to the realization that I have given birth to not only dare-devilish monkeys who climb on top of EVERYTHING but Logan has now managed to take on another title..."Little Logie Houdini". Why, you ask. Well, let me tell you. Today, while I was at work and he was home with Aunt Claudia (while the Cat's away the mice will play...), when it was nap time they all three were placed in their cribs as they have been every day before but today Logan decided it was high time for some change. Claudia was sitting downstairs and heard something upstairs. She thought it was our dog, Xavier, as he usually hangs out on the stairs but for some reason she decided to get up and look. Much to her amazement, Logan was standing at the top of the staircase walking around on the landing with his trusty sidekick, "teddy bear" (his beloved bear blankey that he MUST have before he will even consider going to sleep). Claudia said she was obviously shocked and asked Logan to sit down which he nicely obliged but needless to say I think it got her heart pumping a bit.


Later in the day when it was time for their afternoon nap, same thing, upstairs to their cribs, tucked in, given drinks... Well, a few short minutes later Claudia said she started hearing this "clang, clang, clang..." of the metal gate that we have at the end of the staircase like Xavier was trying to push it open with his nose. After the morning events, she definitely went to check it out and low and behold...there sits Logan. This time he had managed to get out of his crib, make his way out of their room, down the stairs, and he was sitting with his legs dangling between the slats of the gate swinging his feet back and forth while holding on to "Teddy bear" and the bars like he was in prison. OH, Logie Bear...what am I going to do with you. Wait, I know...CRIB TENTS. Yep, today proved that the time has come for the crib tents that we purchased a while ago following the first time we heard Chase hit the floor (aka. fall out of his crib). When I first put the kiddos in their cribs this evening prior to bed, it took all of two seconds for Logan to gracefully climb his way out of his crib. Although I must say, he has proved to be a great teacher... a possible career choice??? Brooke and Chase must have been taking notes during all of the "great escapes" today and by this evening they had worked up enough courage to give it a try. Truth be told, it likely would have worked out just as nicely for them had mom and dad not been in the room while they were doing it.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Well, there has been a lot going on around here so I thought I'd take just a minute to fill everyone in. Unfortunately, all three of my sweeties have been sick :( Chase has a sinus infection now with a horrible cough and occasional fevers. Brooke gave me a little scare last night. She was also recently diagnosed with a sinus infection and started on a different antibiotic which she had been on for two days. Then last night sometime over the course of two hours she spiked a high fever of 103.4 with a horrible barking, deep chest sounding cough with slight wheezing. I was up with her for quite a while trying to get her feeling better and finally was able to do so but it did scare me so I called me Pediatrician today and they wanted to see her. She now has a horrible ear infection on top of her sinus infection so they changed her antibiotics around and I'm hopeful this will get her feeling better. Logan had some wheezing and bronchial irritation so they started him on breathing treatments 3-4 times every day. The first couple of treatments were painful as he was afraid of the machine likely because of the noise or the mask with the "smoke" coming out of it. Either way, he was not pleased about doing the treatments and he wasn't afraid to tell us. Whew, that little guy can be so strong when he's angry! I'm happy to say, now he sits quietly on whoever's lap giving the treatment until the treatment is over. A HUGE IMPROVEMENT!


Due to all of the kids ear infections, Chase and Brooke are scheduled to have ear tubes placed next Wednesday. Logan already has them and they have worked wonderfully for him so I'm happy to see this day come. I was informed today during Brooke's visit with the MD that once we get her poor little ear's cleared up that likely everything else will too. We'll let you know how things go.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


As far as our home construction goes, things continue to move along nicely. Our entire house is bricked and is BEAUTIFUL! They are very close to being finished with the dry wall. I have finalized wall colors for paint. All the flooring has been ordered. Our cabinets are in the local warehouse just awaiting us being ready for them. On Wednesday, all of the patios, front porch, sidewalks and the landing off the garage were poured (concrete). And, I'm very close to picking out all of our lighting as I've really stared narrowing it down here recently. I am beyond happy with the progress and so far the way the house is coming together is completely exceeding my expectations! I'd like to throw a HUGE THANK YOU out there to my SWEETIE for ALL YOUR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION TO GETTING OUR HOUSE BUILT. YOU HAVE GONE ABOVE AND BEYOND WHAT YOU NEEDED TO DO AND I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH. I HOPE YOU KNOW HOW VERY MUCH I APPRECIATE ALL YOU'VE DONE! I LOVE YOU!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cribtents are WONDERFUL! One of my favorite items. It is nice to know all three are where you leave them. I am glad you had them on hand and didn't have to wait a week to have them delivered. UGGGH! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the little ones are so sick. I know it is hard on Mom & Dad, too. Hang in there. It will get better. Love to everyone. Grandma.

Casey's trio said...

We love our crib tents! It gives me so much peace of mind to know they can't get out! Your house looks beautiful and I bet you are so looking forward to seeing it completely finsihed:)