CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

THESE ARE A FEW OF OUR FAVORITE THINGS...

I thought I'd share in some of our little one's favorite things at 20 months old. It's never a dull moment around here and laughter fills most of our days!

  • First and formost, our days absolutely MUST start with the little ones running to the refridgerator FIRST THING to get their favorite drink in the whole entire world...Dannon's Danimals yogurt drinks! They MUST shake them up themselves and then they make a mad dash to the drawer where we keep our straws so that we can open it for them. BEWARE if this routine is not possible for some unforseen reason such as heaven forbid Mommy forgot to get more from the store...



  • Our children continue to LOVE the Noggin channel and PBS with their favorite cartoons being The Backyardigans, Dora, and Diego. They enjoy all the singing and dancing that goes on during these shows. I like them because 1) my kiddos really enjoy them and 2) they teach good lessons to children. My personal favorite is the Backyardigan's which I find just absolutely adorable!


  • They love calling one another "Bubby" or "Bubba" despite having a "Sissy"...to them she is "Bubby" too!



  • Little Miss Brooke has become quite the "Little Mommy" around here! If the boys are doing something they are not to be doing she does not hesitate in letting them know that they should not being doing that. I find myself sometimes telling Brooke, "OK honey, Mommy knows. I will take care of it..." It's rather funny to see her pointing that little finger at her brothers and saying "no-no". Both the boys will occasionally try to be the enforcers too but it's much more rare to see that as opposed to Miss Brookie.



  • I have noticed here recently that all three of our sweeties will run to each other to comfort one another should someone get hurt or even be upset. That really warms my heart when I see that! It's funny to me though because they do not seem to have a problem with making one another upset and they are fine with that but you let me or Daddy say "NO" or scold one of them and that be the cause of them getting upset and they (the other two) do NOT like it.



  • Our kiddos are very affectionate with us and also one another which I absolutely LOVE! They love to cuddle, give kisses, blow kisses and give hugs.



  • I've mentioned this before but Brooke absolutely loves her baby dolls right now. She will spend most of the day washing the babies hands and face, feeding the baby, carrying it around, pushing it in a stroller or in their toy shopping cart. She's very caring towards it and it's absolutely adorable.



  • Logan loves to play with puzzles, Lego's, and anything else he has to "think" about. I so can see him being our little engineer or scientist some day~very scholarly.



  • Chase really loves his cars and trucks right now. He has a tote full of them and he loves to dump them out and he will play with most all of them for quite a while.



  • They all three love their Little People from Fisher Price, their Crayola Color Wonders (I love these as they CAN NOT make a mess...the markers only write on a particular type of paper!), and their farm animals.



  • They also enjoy walking around the house with other peoples shoes on. It doesn't matter how big or who's they are but if they're sitting unattended they are fair game:)


  • Another thing that our little one's really like right now is to go "Bye-bye". They get so excited and can't wait to get their coats, hat, shoes, etc on so they can go with me. They also eagerly get into their carseats so they can watch their Backyardigans on their DVD player while in transit.

I could go on and on but I will end this post by saying how very much I absolutely love and adore my children and that every day they bring so much joy and excitement into my world...I look forward to the many new things they learn and do all the time and they will never cease to amaze me! How did I ever get so lucky???














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. It was fun to hear everything they are enjoying these days. They will be so tickled when they get older to read it.

-Noah, Elijah & Anna's momma

Casey's trio said...

How fun! Sounds likt the trio are growing into happy and healthy almost 2 year olds:)