CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 26, 2007

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY


On Thursday, October, 24, 2007, Doug and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary...Happy Anniversary Sweetie! We went out for a "date night" as my Mother stayed at home and tended to the little ones for us. Our first stop for the evening was at a local spa where we received a one hour couple's Swedish massage. I cannot even begin to tell you how great that felt! Following our massages, we went to dinner at the Melting Pot. This was the first time that either of us had gone to the Melting Pot and it was incredible! We absolutely loved the atmosphere. It's very nicely decorated, quiet, private, romantic and overall just a very neat establishment to dine in. I would strongly recommend everyone try it at least once! Midway through dinner, I was beyond "full" but somehow I continued to eat forcing myself mostly because I wanted to try a little of everything! When they brought out the chocolate turtle fondue all bets were off...I somehow managed to make a lot of room for yummy strawberries, bananas, brownies and cheesecake! It was delicious! Following dinner, I had initially planned on going a short distance from Melting Pot to a Martini Bar that I've heard nothing but great revues about but following our dinner, I had NO ROOM LEFT...so we headed home.

One of the gifts that I purchased for Doug included IU vs. Purdue football tickets for next months game so when we head to IU/Bloomington we will likely stay overnight and hit some of the old "hot spots" as IU is Doug's Alma Mater. Two of our best friends, Jeff and Molly Hoehn, will be attending the game with us as well so we should have a great time. Doug and Jeff were Fraternity Brothers (Alpha Tau Omega) at IU.

OK, it's about to get a little "sappy" so grab your tissues...heehee. Seriously though, I just want to say that I am forever thankful to have such a wonderful, loving, caring, dedicated, hard-working husband who does so much for his family. I really do appreciate all he does for us but I fear I do take it for granted occasionally. He is 100% trustworthy and reliable and he is my very best friend whom I share everything with. I cannot even believe that it has been four years since we've said our sweet vows and I really have a hard time believing that we've been together for nearly nine years...nine...and I love you more and more each and every day! Thank you sweetie for all you do to love and provided for your family and may we celebrate MANY, MANY more anniversaries over the years to come! I LOVE YOU NOW AND FOREVER!

3 comments:

lifelessordinary said...

AWWWWWW! Was that really only four years ago? You guys have such a beautiful family and strong relationship. Here's to many, many more years of happiness and surprises! Here's also to getting to relive a few of the "pre-kid" memories at IU! Congrats!
Ness

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the anniversay. This is awesome to do something like this. I am definately going to keep up with it.

your bro,

Chad Schnarr

Casey's trio said...

Happy Happy anniversary! I LOVE the melting pot. And a couples massage? You certainly celebrated the right way!