CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 4, 2007

WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY!!!

Today has really just been a fabulous day. First things first...they FINALLY started on our house! At 10:30 this morning I looked outside to find a dump truck hauling a back hoe (I think that's right) driving down our driveway back onto our property. They immediately unloaded and got to work and now there is a large hole...a huge mound of dirt...on our land where our basement will be...VERY SOON...YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it?!? We are so thrilled. It is very exciting to actually see things happening. They've been telling me that everything will happen quickly once getting started so I have a feeling things are about to get CRAZY! Let the fun begin!

OK, now for some very, very long awaited news...Doug got his promotion!!!!!!!!! He is now a Corporal for his Police Department with a strong possibility of becoming a Sergeant within a year! Doug has deserved this for a long time now and I could not be more proud of him! Way to go Sweetie!

3 comments:

kristah said...

hey birdy, im excited for u, hopefully your house will be done soon!! n tell doug congrats!! love ya!!

lifelessordinary said...

Congrats to your whole family! What a red letter day!
Ness

Joy said...

Congratulations!! What an awesome day! I'm so happy for you guys! Sorry I didn't call you back yesterday...we didn't get home from my doctor appt until about 6 or so. I will call you this weekend! Congrats again!