CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sorry for the delay...

I apologize for being "MIA" recently! Things have been INTERESTING around here to say the least. We have been trying to recover from a dreaded GI virus...that is taking it's time to work it's way through each and every person in this house!!! It started last Thursday when Brooke started vomiting with every attempt to eat or drink anything. She never ran a fever but the virus lasted for approximately 24 hours for her and on Friday she also had some diarrhea...POOR BABY! I thought we were in the clear as no one else appeared to have been affected by it but then... Saturday afternoon I took the little ones to town with me to do some shopping. As we were checking out Chase vomited. They had been munching on apple wedges throughout the store so I did not put too much thought into it as I assumed he had got a little choked up and it made him get sick. Later that night, we headed over to my Aunt and Uncle's house for a cookout and while I was feeding my little ones their dinner Chase vomited everywhere. Not to be too graphic but this was not an insignificant amount of vomit people...I had no idea his tiny tummy could hold so much! To make a long story short...this is how the night continued with many bouts of this! To make things even more interesting, at 3:30 am Logan woke up with an "I need my MOM now" cry. When I got to his crib seconds later he clung to me as if to say "Thank goodness you are here!" I carried him out of their room and as we were walking down the hallway he let out a little belch...which was immediately followed by his puking marathon. Needless to say, I did NOT get any sleep that night and I can honestly say I have never been puked on so much in my life! I felt horrible for my little guys as they were so confused and scared when all of that was going on but they really handled it well.

Now as if that was not bad enough...Sunday did not get any better! My dad ended up getting sick and we actually had to call 911 and have him transported to the ER following him passing out (twice), sweating profusely, lips were nearly blue, with a blood pressure of 64/42 when it could finally get one! Thankfully, he was fine...we didn't find out exactly what caused these episodes but he was fine. He is to follow up with his primary care doc for further testing. Now I'm not exaggerating when I say, the minute that my brothers and Dad pulled in the driveway following the ER workup, I looked outside to find that... our field was on fire! Fortunately, they were able to put the fire out within a reasonable time and no damage was done but "WHAT A DAY"!

Today (Tuesday) all is well, aside from the fact that I now am taking my turn with the GI bug...NO FUN AT ALL! And it really makes caring for three babies quite challenging not to mention the fact that I have to take Logan to his ENT MD appt today to follow up from his tube placements. I'm just hoping the appt goes quick! So bear with me as I will put a "fun" post up soon! PLEASE Pray we all get well soon!!!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Oh my goodness!!! I was going to call you today to see how you were doing! First of all, I'm so glad to hear your dad is ok...what a scare! And, your poor babies! I'm glad they are all feeling better, but so sad to hear that momma is now suffering too. I hope you all start feeling better soon! I'll be thinking and praying for all of you! Oh, and the field on fire was the topper...talk about a day! Thinking of you!!!

lifelessordinary said...

Wow guys! I am so sorry. I guess for you guys, good and bad things come in threes!

Krissy said...

EEK! Glad you all are okay...hoping you feel better soon, and that you dad is well...